iPad Pro 9.7 vs iPad 2017 9.7

iPad Pro 9.7 vs iPad 2017 9.7

I’ve been wondering what makes an iPad Pro a Pro. I’ve done some homework by reading a few articles and watching a few videos and I’ve come to the conclusion that you may not need to spend the big money on the Pro model. I personally use an iPad 2017 for all of my iPad needs and since I like using a laptop for writing I have never bought a keyboard for any heavy writing on my iPad. Lets get into what I’ve learned so far. 

I will start out with the iPad 2017, my choice of a new iPad. This tablet is great at doing tablet things. I can surf the web, check eMail, watch videos, and so much more. Getting into heavier lifting isn’t out of the question either. With just a simple visit to the AppStore you can be editing videos on iMovie and editing photographs with PhotoShop express. You can write articles, school papers, and balance your finances with the Apple Office Suite or download Microsoft Office 365 with just a few touches on the Retina display. This iPad is quite impressive in many ways. With its starting point of 32gb’s of memory you’ll find you have plenty to complete the tasks I’ve mentioned. You can also multitask with three windows open at once in iOS 11. 

As far as accessories go, you’ll have your choice of 3rd party keyboards and styluses to use at your will. As I said earlier, I have never bought a keyboard for my iPad 2017 since I use my MacBook for my heavier work load. I have however purchased a stylus for use in the notes app that came loaded on the tablet. This stylus has proven helpful in hand writing notes and even a little drawing just for fun. It does give you the feel of the iPad Pro Apple Pencil even if it isn’t. 

Now on to the Pro. My wife uses her iPad Pro for college. To be honest I don’t think she has ever put her tablet through all the functions it can be used for. She doesn’t have an Apple Pencil or the smart keyboard. She doesn’t use the full memory that she could be using and doesn’t need the power that the A9X chip can provide. To be honest again most of the reviews I have read or watched show that the new A9 chip in the 2017 iPad is almost, if not just as fast at regular use as the A9X chip in the Pro models. The screen on the iPad Pro is better at reflecting sunlight when using it outside, and doesn’t have the gap in between the glass and the apps on the desktop. But those who have never used a Pro model wouldn’t even realize it. 


So in closure I would say that the big difference in the two iPad models would be, the smart keyboard, the Apple Pencil, and the screen. If these things aren’t something you think you’d be using on a daily basis then I feel that the iPad 2017 model would do you just fine. I purchased my iPad at AT&T for…… well lets just say I got a great deal. These are starting out at $300 or above at most locations, if you want a cellular model then the price does go up, but not nearly as dramatically as a Pro model. For the price of an iPad Pro with all the accessories you’ll be paying as much as if not more than a true laptop. If your thinking about probability then think again, with all the additional gear you’ll be heavier than my 2016 MacBook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONN 7 inch Tablet Review

I’m Attending Southern New Hampshire University Online

Dollar Shave Club Six Blade Razor