New 2017 iPad (Non-Pro)

New 2017 iPad (Non-Pro)
My New iPad 2017
Space Gray

I know I wrote a post a few weeks back saying “My iPad Air is Good Enough For Me” but I found such a great deal on a 2017 iPad 9.7 I just couldn’t pass on it. Props to AT&T for making this tablet so affordable. So, here we go down the rabbit hole on a new 2017 iPad, my first impressions, and just what I think about it. 

The box is a typical Apple branded box as seen in the picture. Inside we find the initial product (iPad) along with a power adapter and cord. We also find the basic Apple stickers that come with all Apple products. The iPad was wrapped in the usual plastic and of course beautiful upon first glance. I chose the space gray color to match my MacBook 12”. 

After the usual first glance and excitement that it finally arrived (via UPS) I began the initial set up. The set up process was easy and fast considering that I needed to use my iCloud for the process and update the initial iOS. The whole set up took maybe 15 minutes, and that would be pushing the time out a bit. The iPad seemed to have plenty of power for a quick set up and update with no problems or hiccups. The new iPad does have a touch ID feature. 

After I got to the home screen I noticed that Apple had preinstalled the usual production apps such as Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, and GarageBand along with Photo Booth, Maps and the other boring apps that can be found on most Apple products. This wasn’t a bit troubling since the new 2017 iPad comes with a minimum 32 GB of storage. Even with the preloaded apps and my apps I have only used 6.8 GB of the 32. 

The screen seemed to be very bright and colorful as well as very responsive to my touch. It could easily scroll through the home screens and easily scroll through web pages with no problems. My older iPad Air doesn’t seem to respond quite as quickly as this model does, although it does still work well after 4 years of use. The build quality is very sturdy for a cheaper iPad. It doesn’t feel like a budget product but instead keeps the premium feel we have grown to love from Apple.

I have read some reviews that complain about the thickness or the screen being reflective on this model but coming from an iPad Air 1 I don’t really see any difference. I know that my older model was a thicker version without anti-reflective coating on the screen so I guess I wouldn’t notice the difference anyway. I’d say if you have an iPad Air 2 or a Pro model you wouldn’t want this particular model.  

One thing I am excited about with this particular iPad is that this is the first time I have had a tablet that runs on cellular. I’ve had an iPad mini and an iPad Air both just WIFI models. So taking this with me and not having to hot spot form my iPhone will be a nice little treat for me to explore. 

This is just my very first impressions of the new iPad. I’ve only had in my possession for about and hour so after I use it for a few days I’ll revisit this blog and write a more formal review of how its holding up. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONN 7 inch Tablet Review

I’m Attending Southern New Hampshire University Online

Dollar Shave Club Six Blade Razor