Can an iPad Pro Replace My MacBook

The MacBook VS iPad Pro debate continues in a heated way. Many people are suggesting yes, it has replaced their MacBooks or laptops and have never looked back. With the pros and cons coming in with time each individual needs to weigh carefully on which device will suit their needs.

With Apple pushing the iPad as a true computer replacement many have fallen victim to their marketing and rushed out to buy an iPad without hesitation. Now don’t get me wrong I am a firm believer in the amazing power of the iPad (I’m writing this article on my 10.5 inch iPad Pro right now) but I just haven’t been able to fully replace my MacBook either.



Some features that I like about the iPad are cellular, ease of use, size, and the App Store. Things I don’t like about the iPad are no USB support for extended memory, no guest sign in account, and lack of full desktop webpages and software. Now of course I can use my iPad Pro for most of my daily tasks such as emails, web surfing, writing my blog, and media consumption, but I also do YouTube and need iMovie for my editing.

Returning to back to lack of full desktop software iMovie on iPad just flat out stinks. No way around that. The version on a MacBook or iMac is way better. Honestly I find this with a lot of apps and software. The light version of webpages and applications that iOS force upon us is very limiting. iOS has come a long way since the introduction of iPad but still needs to grow a little before it can replace a full desktop version.

Can an iPad Pro replace a MacBook in my opinion, no. Can it replace a MacBook or laptop for others, it depends on what you do. With a full version of Office 365 available on iOS and Apples versions of Pages, Keynote, and numbers I think the iPad is ready to do some real work. It seems faster and more capable of doing certain tasks than my MacBook as it stands today. So for most people who use their laptops for everyday tasks in the office suite then yes it will do those things and with ease. But remember this, with the iPad, keyboard, and pencil you’ll be paying as much as you would for an actual laptop.

As I mentioned it’s all about you and what you want. I personally use both and find both to be extremely helpful in my everyday tasks. You can watch this video on YouTube where I discuss this in more detail https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=enQx2KRmlDw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONN 7 inch Tablet Review

I’m Attending Southern New Hampshire University Online

Dollar Shave Club Six Blade Razor