Love of Technology

 I was around the age of fourteen and the time was Christmas. The year was 1993 and I was super excited to receive the gift of all gifts. I knew that those large box’s under the Christmas tree had to be the one item I was longing for, the item I dreamed of owning, a real life computer. I dreamed of owning my very own computer since watching Doogie Howser write about his adventures in the medical field on his beautiful machine. Maybe I’m a nerd, then again maybe I’m not, but a new computer was surely in the works for me.

Found On Unsplash.Com

Of course opening this treat was one of the biggest thrills of my lifetime. I remember setting it up for the first time. All the hookups had been carefully attached and my new Tandy came with a set of discs with a series of programs on them. My brother tried to tell me that I had to enter the discs into the machine by numerical order but I knew he was wrong. Even my mom tried to agree with him. Mom I argued, “each disc is labeled with different programs like art, music, budgeting, diary, and so on. These are just things that I can do on the computer.” All excited I eagerly put each disc into the drive to see what I could do with my new Tandy computer. 


Not knowing at the time, I was planting a seed for many years down the road. I began to develop a love for tech and instruments. I had tons of cool lights, instruments set out like a concert venue, my computer, and of course my stereo. All of this stuff for some reason made me feel good about myself. I was never the best guitarist but I played, and when I played I sure turned all the disco lights on and made a big scene out of it. Along the same lines I even had mics and recording equipment and recorded many cassettes that I even listened to in my Walkman. 


Found On Unsplash.Com

I know I must be the biggest nerd you’ve ever heard of, but for some reason this passion has never left me. To this day I have a room dedicated to not so much music but more to my latest passion. Of course I still try to play my guitar and love to sing, but my new passion is video creation and editing. At this point in time I use only Apple gear to edit and create on but I also use more professional gear for creating my new passion like my Sony FS5 MKii, Hotec Wireless Mic system, pro stage lighting setup, green screens, and more. I even have a blue yeti style mic for recording my podcasts. 


Found On Upsplash.Com


I attended Full Sail University and graduated with a degree in digital cinematography and have created a web series as well as many short films and product review videos. I have even moved into podcasting as well. Being a creative person has drawn me into a deeper love of technology and how to use it. I joke around with my wife and tell her she created this monster but in reality it was the Christmas of 93 that started this passion. I work on my ideas everyday and love being the creative person I am. 


All Photo Found on UnSplash.Com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONN 7 inch Tablet Review

I’m Attending Southern New Hampshire University Online

Dollar Shave Club Six Blade Razor